Come one, Come all! Join us in the fun and festivities! Guests of the campground and folks from the local area are all competing as Chili Chef's. Grab a bite and cast your vote! We will have a jumping castle, face painting, door prize and so much more with local vendors to include: Pin-Up Pastries Desserts and Sentinel Peak Brewing Company! Also, providing live entertainment is Corey Spector!
$5 to enter as a Chili Chef Contestant
$8.50 per adult entrance fee
$5.50 per child entrance fee (Children under 5 get in free!)
Purchase your tickets at: tucsonlazydayskoa.ticketspice.com/1st-annual-chili-cook-off
or Pay CASH ONLY at the door!
***All proceeds go towards KOA Care Camps!***
(Anyone interested in being part of the chili chef competition please e-mail Shelby at [email protected]
or call 520-954-0896)
RULES FOR THE COMPETITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Entry fee for Chili Contestants is $5.00 and must be paid at the Front Desk or submitted to Shelby no later than Thursday August 31, 2017.
2. Each entry is allowed to have only ONE chili recipe utilized for this contest.
3. Chili recipe must be original recipe of the applicant.
4. Applicants must supply their own stove, hot plate, cooking pots, and all utensils needed to serve chili.
5. All applicants are required to make one full pot (at least 4 quarts) of chili.
6. All applicants must supply their own ingredients.
7. All applicants are required to set up their tables and have their Chili ready by noon. Setup may begin as early as 9am.
8. One 6ft table, outlet access, two chairs, portion cups, spoons, and napkins will be provided to each applicant. Trash cans will be displayed at every third table.
9. Ballots will be counted at 4:00pm and awards will be presented at 4:30pm.
10. Awards will take place center stage. Each applicant must be present to accept awards.
11. Awards are as follow 2 Free Nights in a Deluxe Cabin w/ Golf Cart Rental — 1st place; Gift Certificate to BBQ Rush Restaurant & KOA Merchandise – Runner Up.
12. All Applicants are responsible for cleaning their area.