There is no substitute for a pre-ride! It's the ideal opportunity to ride the course and become familiar with all that is important for the event weekend. Knowing what's around the next corner or where the top of the climb is located, can be invaluable information on ride day.
The pre-ride is an unofficial gathering with the intent to ride all the roads that make up the Mt Lemmon Gravel Grinder course. This means YOU are responsible for YOU!
-YOU will need to bring your own food, water, etc.
-YOU will need to bring your own gear!
-YOU will need to bring your own maps! Link here for course info:
-YOU are responsible for having a good time!
• Driving directions: Arizona Zipline Adventures
is located near the start/finish for all distances of the Mt Lemmon Gravel Grinder 40/50/60. To get there from HWY 77 (Signs for Oracle) take American Avenue and turn onto E Mt Lemmon Highway (Signs for Arizona Zipline Adventures).
• Recommended Camping: A great place to camp is right at Arizona Zipline Adventures
. Tent and RV Camping is available to reserve online for only $10/spot and located at 35406 S Mt Lemmon Rd, Oracle, AZ 85623. At 4,500ft in elevation, AZA keeps living easy during the pre-ride weekend and offers a General Store and the ever popular Peppersauce Station Kitchen
with plenty of space for everyone.
• There is no official start or finish, it's simply a common destination where folks can gather for a great weekend of camping and riding.
• For those interested in pre-riding with others, it's recommended they start from Arizona Zipline Adventures
at 6am each morning with All skill levels welcome!
• For accurate riding directions, download GPX files here: https://mtlemmongravelgrinder.com/grinder-course.html
If you're going to join in on the pre-ride weekend, we encourage you to post your plans here in order to let others know you're going to be there.